A Master’s degree is one of the keys to success in your professional career. It’s a commitment that demands a financial investment and at least one year of your life, so choosing the right university is the most important decision you’ll have to make to ensure that success.
The process of choosing a Master’s programme can be made less daunting if you break it down into a few important points to consider:
- Online or On-Campus: Following a programme on physical university campus represents a very substantial commitment in both time and money. Yes, it can be a rewarding experience in terms of knowledge gained and networks built, but we live in exciting times where innovations in technology and communication have resulted in a richer and more complete online education experience than was available in the past. The gap between an online and an on-campus university experience has been drastically reduced in recent years.
- Choose the right programme: Choosing the right programme is as important as choosing the right university. Look carefully into the course content and the delivery method to ensure that it satisfies what you’re seeking in a programme. Be clear about where your interests lie and the career path you wish to take, and identify the programmes that align with them. After all, the aim is that after successfully completing a programme you should be rewarded with better job opportunities.
- Cost: Have a clear understanding of your finances, and fix a budget on how much you’re willing to invest in your education.
- Accreditation and Ranking: The standing of your degree depends on the standing of the awarding university. There are several different ranking systems for universities which are drawn up by organisations that use different metrics to come up with their top university lists. But whether they measure academic and educational performance, or the teaching environment, the internationality of the institution, or whatever, the major ranking systems are data-driven hierarchies which outline the competition between major universities worldwide.
- Alumni Network: A strong alumni network can have a positive influence in long-term business and career opportunities. Get in touch with the alumni of your choice and get first-hand feedback on the university, the programme and the delivery mechanism. The easiest way to get in touch with the alumni would be to ask your Student Advisor to put you in touch with them.
Robert Kennedy College offers a number of online master’s degree programmes in Law and Business through an exclusive partnership with British universities. For more information download programme catalogue.
It’s a competitive world today and education is a key to success for many. Therefore, choosing a promising degree program is vital to ensure a promising career. As a prospective student, what factors affect your decision of pursuing masters and choice of the course?
I studied this survey by mba.com Prospective Students Survey Report* and found it interesting in understanding the key aspects of candidate behaviors and preferences in selection of a graduate business programme. The Survey Report explores the business school pipeline from the prospective students’ point of view, analyzing motivations, intended career outcomes, and program choices shared by 10,017 prospective students in 2015.
UNDERSTANDING THE MINDSET
Professional MBA candidates have the most work experience and are most likely to continue working while pursuing their degree. They want to gain more respect and recognition in the workplace and advance professionally to the next level through promotions and salary increases. They are more driven by information that shows how a program can fit into their life (e.g., distance to work/home, class format, and schedules)
QUALITY MORE IMPORTANT THAN COST
Two-thirds of prospective students are determined to get into the best school possible, so quality and reputation of program are top school selection factors. Prospective students weigh the quality and reputation of a program more heavily than they do financial aspects; however, total costs are among the top three factors they consider.
CAREER GOALS POST QUALIFICATION
Students deciding to enroll in a graduate business program typically have three general career goals in mind for their postgraduate employment: 1) continue on their current career path, 2) switch careers, or 3) start a business.
INCENTIVE TO CONSIDER BUSINESS DEGREE
Three in four (77%) prospective students first considered business school because of a special event or trigger. The most common event is when a candidate starts a search for a new job and realizes he or she lacks the necessary knowledge, skills, or abilities to be competitive for the position they seek.
At RKC we bring you the best of both worlds, flexibility of online learning with the benefits of traditional learning environment and networking.
Begin the journey of your Masters here and enrol for you dream Online MBA qualification: https://college.ch/catalogue?r=allcumbria&j=fbpagemt
*The mba.com Prospective Students Survey is a product of the Graduate Management Admission Council® (GMAC®), a global nonprofit education organization of leading graduate business schools and the owner of the Graduate Management Admission Test® (GMAT®).
Online education is fast becoming one of the key gateways through which people are able to realise their educational and professional aspirations. It does not matter whether you are at the pinnacle of your professional career or just starting out; you are maybe looking for a change in career path or enhance subjective knowledge. Online education can just help you achieve this & more; all at your own pace.
Watch the motivating testimonials of Ms. Sofia Maria Gadain and Mr. Basil Abuhamdieh, two individuals from different walks of life and from different countries and different motivations in doing the Masters; but have one thing in common – They both graduated from the University of Cumbria Online Master of Laws (LL.M) programme!
Click here for more information on the online programmes offered by Robert Kennedy College through exclusive partnerships with British Universities.
Regardless of what you may think about an education – a right, a privilege or just something you have to get through – you can’t dispute the importance of a good one and you should always consider it an investment in your future.
According to a 2013 Nielsen survey, polling more than 29,000 internet respondents in 58 countries to measure consumer sentiment on the availability of educational opportunities at all levels of study and the resulting opportunity for job and salary advancement, more than three-quarters (78%) of global online respondents agreed that receiving a higher education, such as college, is important. Likewise, three-fourths also believed that better employment (75%) and higher income (72%) are accessible because of educational opportunities.
Whether you start your own business or work for someone else, an investment in education will provide you with the necessary tools and skills to grow and become a success in your chosen field.
- Foundation: An education gives you the foundation on which you can build a successful career, giving you the ability and knowledge required to make informed decisions.
- Leg-up: Whether it’s at the start or late in your career, an education will always add value to your professional profile providing you with a leg-up for your career progression.
- Security: In today’s high-pressure business environment, you might get downsized or your business might lose out to the competition. Education gives you the ability and the resources to change and even start over if ever you need to. In short, a good education is a safety net for life.
- Networking: When you become part of an educational programme such as one of Robert Kennedy College’s online Master’s degrees, you join a number of like-minded individuals from around the world. You share common experiences and cope with similar challenges during the course of the programme, creating a camaraderie that lasts well beyond the duration of the course, often resulting in a mutually beneficial personal professional network.
According to Susan Whiting, vice chair at Nielsen – “Investing in education is critical to fostering growth and innovation for generations to come. The head-spinning pace of technological change is creating new opportunities—and presenting new challenges. Improving our children’s education is the surest way to ensure a brighter future.”
The road to better jobs, more money and improved lifestyles is paved with an investment in education!
For more information on the one year online Master’s degree programmes offered by Robert Kennedy College, download our programme catalogue.
If you’re looking to pursue a Master’s degree and contemplating that an online course at an international university could be the right choice for you, then I’m sure you’re in the same shoes as our student ambassadors were before they started their Master’s programme with Robert Kennedy College. Have a look what they have to say after having completed their degrees:
“The quality of education is world class. The rewards of the programme both professionally and personally are amazing! The MBA programme was special because of the knowledge, values and experiences the international students brought with them which enriched the high level of academic training brought on by our professors. My advice would be to participate often in the class forums, ask questions and help others when they need assistance.”
Lew Figol, Chief Member Services Officer, Your Neighbourhood Credit Union
“When I enrolled with RKC my one aim was to achieve the Masters level Degree; however, I underestimated the value of the learning experience, which has been hugely rewarding and personally fulfilling. Further, as a result of the degree I have clearly improved the quality and quantity of my work output which has opened up new and exciting career opportunities. To be clear, obtaining your Masters is a lot of work but the rewards are well worth the effort.”
Christopher Gardner, Senior Project delivery manager, Metro Bank, MSc Financial Services Management
You are thinking of studying online but want to be sure that the degree you earn will be worth your effort. Well, studying from a university in the UK offers you a world-class education, an internationally respected qualification, and outstanding career prospects.
Apart from the high quality and flexibility of an online programme at Robert Kennedy College, you will gain many benefits from the international exposure you will experience at an on-campus residency for a week where you will interact with people of other nationalities and cultures in an intensive learning environment.
The photo represents a truly international class at the Online MSc Programme
For employers, candidates with international experience offer a more rounded set of abilities. Even if such skills may be regarded by potential employers as ‘nice-to- have’ rather than essential, they can make all the difference between two otherwise similar candidates.
In short, it is imperative in today’s competitive business world to have an international degree proving to employers that you have necessary skills they demand. Apply now to gain an internationally recognised degree that can transform you and your career.
Check out all the programme information here: https://college.ch/catalogue?j=fbpagemt
Dr. iur. David Costa, Dean, Robert Kennedy College, as part of the residency week in Zurich for our University of Salford students conducted a session on Cryptocurrencies and Money Management which was broadcasted live on Facebook.
Prof. Costa started the session with the basics of cryptocurrency, explaining: what it is, how it works, the technology behind it, the potential and the drawbacks.
Watch a recording of the session and get a new perspective on cryptocurrency.
download our college catalogue. Click here to join us today.
For more information on the programmes offered by the college,